USCIS Image U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) should be contacted directly for procedures on becoming naturalized. USCIS can be accessed online to find out how to apply for Naturalization and where to send an N-400 Application.

The United States District Court for the Southern District of California maintains an index of all civil, criminal, miscellaneous and magistrate case filings from 1955 to present. Upon request, we can conduct a search of those indices to determine whether or not a particular individual has any district cases with reference to their name. The fee for conducting the search and providing a certified letter of search is $30.00 per name. Any information for the years prior to 1955 must be obtained at the United States District Court for the Central District of California located in Los Angeles.

Inquiries regarding naturalization certificates obtained in San Diego and Imperial counties should be directed to NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) on-line or telephonically at (951) 956-2000 or (866) 272-6272.