Attorney Admissions Search
Capital Habeas Case Materials
El Centro Panel
Material Witness Panel
San Diego Panel 2011-2013
San Diego Panel 2012-2014
Criminal Justice Act
Fees of the U.S. District Court
Electronic Access to files & Dockets
General Filing Procedures
Electronic Case Filing Administrative Policies and Procedures
All in Posted Order
Magistrate Duty Schedule 2013
Policies and Procedures
San Diego U.S. Courthouses
El Centro U.S. Courthouse
E-mail Addresses for Proposed Orders
General Court Information
State of the District
Submit Qualification Questionnaire
Submit Summons Forms
On-Line Summons Jury Instructions
Additional Jury Information
What is Federal Court Jury Duty?
This form shall be used to register for an account on the Court's Case Management/Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) system.
Pursuant to General Order 550, electronic case filing in CM/ECF is mandatory beginning on November 1, 2006.
Registered attorneys and other participants will have privileges to electronically submit documents and to view and retrieve electronic docket sheets and documents as available for cases assigned to the CM/ECF system.
The following information is required for registration:
Attorney Bar# and State:
Firm Address (Include City and Zip):
Voice Phone Number:
FAX Phone Number:
Internet E-Mail Address:
Secondary E-Mail Address:
The information contained in this box will be maintained confidentially, and is necessary for security/confirmation purposes:
What city were you born in?
By submitting this registration form, the undersigned agrees to abide by the following rules:
1. This system is for use only in cases designated by the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. The system may be used to file and view electronic documents, docket sheets, and notices. For more information about training opportunities, please visit our web site at www.casd.uscourts.gov.
2. Pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11, every pleading, motion and other paper shall be signed by at least one attorney of record or, if the party is not represented by an attorney, all papers shall be signed by the party. An attorney's/participant's password issued by the court combined with the user's identification, serves as and constitutes the attorney's/participant's signature. Therefore, an attorney/participant must protect and secure the password issued by the court. If there is any reason to suspect the password has been compromised in any way, it is the duty and responsibility of the attorney/participant to immediately notify the court. This should include the resignation or reassignment of the person with authority to use the password. The Court will immediately delete the password from the electronic filing system and issue a new password.
3. Each attorney desiring to file pleadings or other papers electronically must complete and sign an Attorney Registration Form. Registration as a Filing User constitutes: (1) consent to receive notice electronically and waiver of the right to receive notice by first class mail pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 5(b)(2)(D); (2) consent to electronic service and waiver of the right to service by personal service or first class mail pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 5(b)(2)(D), except with regard to service of a summons and complaint. Waiver of service and notice by first class mail applies to notice of the entry of an order or judgment. Notice by electronic means is complete as set forth in this court's General Order No. 550, which is available on our website at www .casd.uscourts.gov.
4. A user accesses court information via the court's Internet site or through the Public Access to Court Electronic Records ("PACER") Service Center. Although the court manages the procedures for electronic filing, all electronic public access to case file documents occurs through PACER. A PACER login is required, in addition to, the login and password issued by the court. To register for PACER, a user must complete the online form or submit a registration form, available on the PACER web site (http://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov).
5. By this registration, the undersigned agrees to abide by all of the rules and regulations in General Order No. 550, In The Matter of Procedural Rules for Electronic Case Filing and any future changes or additions that may be made to the CM/ECF Administrative Policies and Procedures.
Type the code from the image